Saturday, May 29, 2021

I know

I know right now it's hurting, and I would get the blues 
I know you should have found yourself before we started anew 
I know there were some obstacles I thought I could out run 
I know I would rather hurt than not to have  even tried 

I know that there's a lesson--a lesson to be learned 
I know it's in here somewhere, where all of these feelings churn 
I know that I can't see the sun and all it does is rain 
I know that you don't hurt, because you weren't in love 

I know I thought you hid it, didn't want me to see 
I know that this was wrong, in-spite of my belief 
I know I felt the heat and stood too close to the flame 
I know that for this hurt, I am partially to blame 

I know that when sleep comes, there you are again 
I know that when I wake, you will disappear
I know that you are gone and someday this will fade 
I know it won't hurt always, but that's all I feel today

1 comment:

Poet Destroyer said...

saddened write!