Thursday, November 7, 2019

not a cowgirl

you've got me listening to country
some of these lyrics ring true
 my foot may be tapping in time
but I don't wear cowgirl boots

I don't own a cowgirl hat
I know you have a few
all of mine are caps with brims
and some sport logos too (not John Deere)

I don't drive a pick-up truck
imports are what suit me
I do like driving a stick shift
but not wearing Wrangler jeans

I don't live in Nashville
I do live in the West
I do love to shoot a gun
a cowgirl at heart I guess

now, you've got me singing along
to these catchy rhythmic tunes
I think I could even write a few
send me some more would you?
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeehaw! I love it! Ride em cowgirl!