Thursday, November 7, 2019

my drift

if I left my heart in San Francisco
but I'm in Luckenbach, Texas
if Chicago is my kind of town
but I need to please come to Boston
if by the time I get to Phoenix
I'm on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
if I am having a Rocky Mountain high
but I am kissing L.A. goodbye
if I shuffle off to Buffalo
can I catch the last train to Clarksville
if all of my ex's live in Texas
that's why I'm wasted in Margaritaville
if everything spins--like the quarter that flips
or much quicker than a New York minute
if you get the gist of these tunes that were hits
then you catch my drift and where all this was going
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start spreading the news! oh I love this poetry!

Anonymous said...

Loved the humor and memorable lines. Fun to read!