Monday, April 18, 2022

another new song

my mind is open 
my heart is free
there isn't any weight 
pulling on me 
but at any given moment 
that could all change 
right now I'm taking it 
day by day 

around every corner 
or just down the street 
anticipating you 
in every face I see
open for suggestion 
closed to all the pain
looking for a new song 
with a sweet refrain 

when tomorrow comes 
I won't look back 
nothing is laying there 
I shouldn't have left 
tomorrow is a beginning
for another new chance 
for another new song 
for another new dance 

if you want to come along
if you want to play a part
if there is anything
left inside your heart 
if there is a glimmer 
or anything held within 
leave the past in the past 
let's make a new beginning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

look to the new song...never look for the one that gave you pain in the past, it will only be repeated.. you words are emotional and your poem well written..