Tuesday, March 1, 2022

solid ground

you slow for a second as I catch up 
your back the only vision I see 
your stride was always larger than mine 
you're on the move heading away from me 

you found me once when I was lost 
I laid it down in the sinking ground
in this ocean in which I flail 
caught up in hopeless undertow 

each day a little bit longer than the last 
each way a little bit stronger than the past 
all of your light found my soul in the night
I stay in this fight earning second life 

as a hallelujah rips through my veins
the hammer drops, as I shoot without aim
missing the mark and a chance that I saw 
all is lost, there is nothing to gain

you found me once when I was lost 
I laid it down in the sinking ground 
in this ocean in which I flail
caught up in this hopeless undertow 

I won't turn back and won't back down 
although it lies in hallowed ground
it doesn't matter what comes crashing down 
I am gonna stand on this solid ground

No comments: