Tuesday, September 8, 2020

I remain

the morning sun upon the rise
red bleeds across the clouded sky
you know I'm here, I didn't run
even when the monsoon comes
it doesn't change a blessed thing
I remain, I remain

in the twilight and the dawn
in deep dreams where you belong
in the laughter and the tears
past the valley of pain and consuming fears
I remain, I remain

in the distance through the trees
what does plague also relieves
sand dripping through the hourglass
slowly catching up with the past
I see it all looking down the sights
through the scope on a clear night
that is how it's supposed to be
anguish ebbs from the wound that bleeds
and I remain
I remain
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought 'I remain' was a wonderful refrain for this.

Anonymous said...

I didnt run... I like that!