Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mexico

driving down to Mexico as I get close to the border
cell phone quits in Organ Pipe, no calls that I will miss
I can stay in contact via WiFi and my red laptop
it's time to get some piece of mind and put some things to order

the patrol with semi-automatics, warn of all the dangers
I can't let this stop me from this one place that I love
I heed what they're saying, stowing it in the trunk
be careful who you run into and watch out for all strangers

past the checkpoint, past the gate, into Mexico I drive
sunroof open, sun streaming in, cool breeze upon my face
all that is behind me, will be there when I get back
I have insurance for my car but none for my own life

the minutes tick by quickly, although I don't need a watch
the time that I spend by the sea erases what I want to forget
prolific by the hour, the prose flows straight from my heart
blood no longer oozes or seeps from each and every scratch

Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

Poet Destroyer said...

lol..I will meet you there! enjoyed your poem..