Thursday, January 11, 2024

walk away

I walk away from yesterday
turn my back on all that's gray
the guitar that strums increasing pain
standing in the pouring rain
what seems priceless has a cost
what I have gained, what I have lost

against the tide I'm about to go under
the current strong I fight lost wonder
dolphins swimming all around
consuming tides don't save me now
I float but I just can't swim free
from all the pain encompassing me

I felt the breeze and heard the thunder
the lightning flash so close I shudder
everything that I once held true
all begins and ends with you
like sand drips through the hour glass
what will stay strong and what won't last

the moon drifts quickly through all of its phases
shining on all of the unseen places
resurrecting dreams that grew
unforeseen from what I knew
sandcastles hidden in the fog
reminiscent of what went wrong
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: