Thursday, October 26, 2023

contract

you're the one that sold me on the crescent moon
a salesman selling ad space, a contract signed by noon
I bought it all with your sweet smile, paper signed with blues
filed in your work folder with other papers of different hues

I reread the manifest, I'm absorbing every word
note the missing feelings and the things not heard
no clauses for my escape, no way that I can purge
not enough of adjectives and way too many verbs

a contract of adhesion, consumer protection not offered
your heart getting richer, another added to your coffer
mine lays by the roadside with the to occupant stuffers
neglected terms and conditions without any other buffers

this contract that I purchased reaches its expiration
renewal not an option without terms coming to fruition
you are up the street, selling honey and aberration
and I'm reading the fine print with a whole new appreciation
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: