Thursday, October 26, 2023

strength

the cord is severed on the dangling rope
that once kept me connected to so little hope
here comes the part where I sink or I swim
finding if my strength will last to the end

the highs and the lows of days just now past
reaching for something I knew couldn't last
too little on one side too much on the other
like bugs in the night, with the light fly for cover

like a bumper sticker stating if you can read you're too close
like a firefly whose tail in the night gently glows
like a fire that rages and then simmers to fine ash
like a warning sign you read long after the fact

the cord is now severed on the dangling rope
that once kept me connected to so little hope
I find I don't sink and how strong I can swim
finding my strength holds all the way to the end
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: