Tuesday, November 23, 2021

more than once

I've crept into your mind 
more than once, so it seems
too many times, infecting your dreams
conscious sun that drives me away 
breaking clouds with the dawn's rays 
you thought that you wanted me 
you think that you don't 
while you mull it over 
I'm already gone 

I drop in to see you 
again and again 
the touch of a lover 
the guise of a friend 
wanting what I offer 
but only for one night
selling your soul 
by the candle's dim light 

you thought that you needed me 
you think that you don't you 
turn over to hold me 
I'm already gone 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hit and run victim...I LIKE it!! Well written!

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is an adage which goes: "One's lose is anothers gain." ~ And yet there's also a saying which says: "What moment holds the key, to loves true door?" ~ Sometimes in this life we stand amid cross-roads wherein we must decide, to hold on to something or to let go? Either way, as I have often believed; time shall Always tell its tales, in regards to not only love, but also unto life itself; and yes, time waits for few thus ~ ....:)