Tuesday, November 23, 2021

more than a friend

the door is closed but you still make the time 
you drop lots of hints but won't speak your mind 
the ceiling fan hums as around it does spin 
we're back where we started...back where we began 

you sing a cappella and I pick up the tune 
but the moment is lost and it's over too soon 
we pick different partners and hit the dance floor 
we've minutes to play and I'm keeping the score 

I want more than friends--someone to stick around
the smile on your face gets replaced by a frown 
you'll dance in the dark but not in the light of day 
I put words in your mouth that you'll never say 

you'd walk a mile to see just how far I'll go 
never asking the questions that most want to know 
we run the long race but neither one of us wins 
we stepped over the line between lovers and friends

No comments: