Thursday, May 25, 2023

effervescence

all of these things that I chase around
that bumps and rattles inside of my heart
noises and voices, illusions of choice
soft-coated songs with a velvet alibi

these things that take root here deep inside
weeds that suffocate the blossoms nearby
fragrant petals falling down one by one
runners choking each with a little white lie

if I can block out the buzz of what is 
that effervescence with all of its fizz
it tickles inside as I drink it down
gritty remainders on my crystal glass

as the moon works its phases through each of my nights
as a new star glows brightly on my evening sky
what once rose high with the sun to my east
has now settled softly somewhere in the west
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

TAH said...

nice work my friend....