Wednesday, February 19, 2020

play

I sometimes miss details that require attention
the list gets longer, adding more every day
some things may deserve an honorable mention
but you know that is not my way

I sometimes don't always get things just right
say words out loud when I should have bit my lip
but I do my very best to rectify
all of those spoken thoughts I let slip

there is little out there to offer reprieve
doing my best to just merely survive
like the pitcher who is looking for his relief
everything is buzzing inside this beehive

seems the more I learn, that much more I forget
and everyday kinda seems like groundhog day
I just need to laugh more and not get upset
I just need to take off and not work but play
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just the opposite and like playing more than working!!

Anonymous said...

I totally relate to this. It is me exactly.