Thursday, June 20, 2019

blue

the blues hang heavy outside my door
the perfume smells of rain
I know this feeling, that leaves me reeling
was hoping it'd never come again

I've never learned to temper love
I've never held anything back
loving you came far too easy
there was nothing that this heart lacked

one little comment. very few words
derails the dream I held
trust slips like the Mack truck gears
negotiating a steep hill

maybe you were just too tired
Lord knows your plate is full
maybe it's the way you feel
and all the rest was bull

it doesn't matter how it started
I've landed in that old spot
not far enough from that old place
for this feeling I've never forgot
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: