Tuesday, February 11, 2020

will I?

I open the door and toss in more
stuff that no doesn't fit
just when the dust had settled
I sneeze from what it lifts

holding too long to way too much
I thought it might be needed
most of the cuts and those deep bruises
look like they may start healing

I close the door and turn the lock
I say it's time to forget
on the floor staring up at me
is your smiling photograph

one last time I look at it
before I can think twice
a single tear slips down my cheek
the saline burning my eyes

will I ever be strong enough?
will this heartache cease?
will what you left ever go away?
it keeps getting the best of me
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: