Sunday, December 26, 2021

happiness equals 20 pounds

happiness equals 20 pounds
this added weight is getting me down
once stick thin but alas, no more
putting it on was an easy chore

don't get me wrong, I'm not bitching
but for younger days, I am wishing
way back then I was much leaner
now flab is part of my demeanor

around my tummy, hips and rear
time to get my act in gear
going to boot camp, eating low carb
so I can wear a lot less garb

the older I get, the harder it seems
to shed these pounds is not a dream
working hard, making calories count
it will fall off I have no doubt

up and down the spinner goes
maybe the scale is a lie, who knows
but I'll get fit and stay that way
and still keep happiness in each day
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: