Sunday, December 26, 2021

the plot

the plot was thick in the cloudless sky
all seemed great for a short time
wandering down the same old road
it was my fault if the truth be told

lies laced sweet with sugar cane
washing it down with lemonade
bitter was that aftertaste
I was getting nowhere fast

a test run like a cool new ride
miles sped quick, I bided my time
knowing I would have to go
you took leaving way too slow

one year fades into the next
no more calls or funny text
my life good here on the range
when I look back that time was strange

you got what you needed with a wink and smile
heaping sorrows into a neat pile
I didn't have time to slow my pace
I gave much more than I could take
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: