Thursday, June 17, 2021

lost sins

you ran the border, hurdled the wall
an alien intruding sacred halls
pillaging, looting, much ignored
breaking down the padlocked door

taking it all but wanting still more
knapsack full of all you scored
not quite ready or about to to leave
you had more tricks up your sleeve

you played a queen and yet I trumped
my ace more like a small speed bump
try as you could to wedge your foot
you thought that I would always stay put

I defended my walls the best I could
my fortress strong, my words made good
try as you might, you can't come in
still paying for your long lost sins

I told you once, we would all go
you ignored what I foretold
truth wins out, as the lies wane
and you fade into yesterday
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: