Friday, June 18, 2021

fraud

the author, a fraud, in many ways
stealer of will, in fortuitous craze
for many nights and as many days
he went out in one big blaze

he would say, a teller of truth
not about him--all about you
he left many singing the blues
I was just another muse

laughing, as he tells his tale
one that I knew very well
I didn't win but didn't fail
heading out when it turned stale

I hung on for far too long
while he sang his country songs
was I right or was I wrong
like cologne, he's much too strong

and so this fraud reaps what he sewed
now it seems like long ago
I thought I loved him, I don't know
he just wanted away from snow
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: