Monday, August 14, 2023

I do

I waited for you through those endless nights
without a moon, by dimming starlight
even though I knew, that I had no right
I held you there in my crosshair sights

on two wheels, as you roamed about
never keeping true to your distant route
looking for something and your own bail out
as monsoons drenched the midsummer's drought

always searching, nada did we find
most of the searching, a complete waste of time
you stood with yours and I stood with mine
I would venture to say, it wasn't sublime

things finally changing, how quickly it seems
no broken heart, just realized dreams
it was just what happens, the thick scheme of things
a knot firmly tied in our silver heart strings
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: